PIANGO will build a strong Kainga of resilient institutions within the network and across the sector that: empowers communities, addresses leader deficits, and develops next generational leaders. PIANGO’s core focus is to strengthen its NLUs as an institution and platform to serve their constituents and support the sector at the local level. This requires enhancing the leadership role of NLUs as well as its leaders to be visionary and adapt to the changing CSO environment whilst ensuring inter-general learning and mentorship to support the next generational leaders. Strengthening the accountability of its NLUs and its leadership is critical and aligned to the development effectiveness principles.
- National Liaison Units strengthened to fulfill their coordination, influence, membership services, and sector support role at the local level;
- PIANGO’s institutional strengthening work packaged for sharing where appropriate;
- A PIANGO Leadership network established to foster mentorship, learning, and collaboration as well as address succession planning and next generational leadership;
- Strong working relationships established between NLUs and national governments;
- Umbrella coordination and support fully functional and recognized