The Pacific Islands Association of Non-Governmental Organisation (PIANGO) is a regional network of national umbrella NGOs. It has national focal points and coordinating bodies known as National Liaison Units (NLUs) in 24 Countries and Territories throughout the Pacific. PIANGO has served the Pacific through strengthening and building capacity of the civil society sector for 30 years.
PIANGO was formally established in 1991 to assist Pacific NGOs to initiate collective action, give voice to their concerns and work collaboratively with other development actors for just and sustainable development. PIANGO gives voice to NLUs and Pacific CSOs through representation to regional and international fora, engage in policy advocacy and policy formulation, facilitate leadership development for the civil society sector and provide technical support on organizational development and institutional strengthening.
PIANGO seeks a dynamic and results-oriented finance professional with extensive experience in Not- For-Profit Organisational finance and transaction services to join our team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assist the Executive Director to develop and implement strategies to strengthen the financial resource base of the Secretariat and ensure the ongoing growth and development ofPIANGO network;
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of the day to day operations of the finance and administration areas including staff supervision;
- Oversight of PIANGO’s organizational and project budget development;
- Reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts and financial forecasts;
- Establish strategic ways to improve profitability and analyse markets for funding and partnership opportunities;
- Lead the preparation of the Secretariat’s annual workplan and budgets for approval by thePIANGO Board;
- Assist the Executive Director in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donor partners, international NGOs and intergovernmental regional organisations;
- Assist the Deputy Executive Director – Programme in preparation and submission of funding proposals as required;
- Represent and advocate on behalf of PIANGO at relevant international forums and meetings as directed by the Executive Director;
- Prepare monthly and periodic financial reports as required for the Management Team, the PIANGO Board and Funding Donors;
- Perform a variety of advanced financial analyses to determine present and forecasted financial health of the organization;
- Be responsible for the external audits of the organisation’s accounts and examine financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to financial regulations and acceptable financial principles;
- Develop financial capacity support to the Network as part of programme implementation support;
- Perform other duties as required from time to time by the PIANGO Executive Director including deputizing at meetings and carrying out the role of Acting for Executive Director when need
Qualification, experience and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or over 5 successful years as aFinance Officer in a regional CSO;
- At least 3 years of in-depth working experience of managing Not-For-Profit organizational accounting to fulfill financial control requirements, monitoring and monthly reporting;
- At least 3 years experience working with financial software in particular MYOB;
- Computer skills with good knowledge of Microsoft software products;
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous management of staff is desired
- Personal qualities desirable for the role – strong interpersonal skills, highly organized with well-honoured time management skills and strong attention to detail Highly expected to work as part of a team and contribute to building the culture of learning and take pride in developing and improving systems.
Interested persons must submit application to the Executive Director of PIANGO on email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A covering letter that addresses your knowledge, experience and ability to undertake the role
- A Curriculum Vitae
- Name and contact of 3 Character Refer
- All applications must be received by 5pm Fiji Time on Friday 3rd December 2021.